Firm seeks a highly qualified Legal Secretary to assist in the performance of various administrative and clerical tasks. Candidate will work under the supervision of the Managing Partner and will also provide support in assigned legal cases.
• Provide administrative support to one or more lawyers.
• Effectively communicate with colleagues and partners
• Produce and file various legal documents such as appeals, motions or petitions.
• Preserve an updated case record system
• Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate.
• Maintain Legal and Administrative Calendar for Managing Partner
• Maintain and update inventories of contact details.
• Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and provide timely reminders.
• Proven experience as legal secretary
• Knowledge of legal terminology, regulations and court system.
• Knowledge of MS Office and ability to work with legal technology (court-filing computer systems, transcription software, dictaphone etc)
• Working knowledge of Coyote is a plus
• Outstanding time-management and typing skills
Salary DOE; Our employee benefits package includes: group health, life, and STD/LTD insurance, 401(k) plan, accrued vacation and flex time, optional dental, vision, and voluntary life benefits are available.
Applicants can email resumes to email@example.com.Back to career list